I’ve put together 4 Christmas place setting ideas for you. I’m hoping they will help provide some inspiration for your holiday table this season.
I think finding inspiration can be either challenging or overwhelming, which is why I kept it to just 4 lovely Christmas place settings. I could easily create A LOT more. After all ~ it’s what I love.
Your style, or the type of tablescape you’re creating this year, will determine the type of place setting you need for your holiday table. Or maybe, it’s your dishes that will dictate the place setting.
Check out the 4 Christmas place setting ideas I have below. Each consists of a charger plate, a dinner plate, a salad plate, and a napkin. These are the foundation pieces of a place setting.
4 Christmas Place Setting Ideas
Please note that this article may contain affiliate links. I may get commissions (at no cost to you) for purchases made through these links. You can read my full disclosure for more details.
Traditional Christmas Place Setting
Creating a traditional Christmas place setting is ideal if you have a set of Christmas dinner plates. It’s also the easiest one to put together.
Because your Christmas plate is the star of the place setting, and the other pieces are the backdrop. Notice how even though most of this place setting is red, you really only focus on the design of the dinner plate?
When creating a traditional Christmas place setting, pick a dominant color from the dinner plate and then use a charger plate, a salad plate, and a napkin of that color. They will look gorgeous on your table and really make your dinner plate stand out.
Rustic Holiday Place Setting
I think most people don’t think a rustic place setting can feel festive for Christmas because it tends to be a more casual vibe. But it’s probably easier to create than any other place setting.
It’s all about the salad plate.
That the salad plate has holiday colors and/or design. You can see the rustic qualities in this place setting with the rattan charger and natural linen napkin. Then combining a green dinner plate with a red and white festive salad plate, the place setting has that Christmasy feeling.
Elegant Place Setting
Most of us create an elegant place setting for the holidays for Christmas. As there aren’t that many times of year that we want to bring out our good china.
Fine china always makes you feel that you’re sitting down to a nice dinner, but to really make it feel elegant, add a gold charger plate under your dinner plate.
Then add a salad plate in a complimentary color to highlight the colors in your dinner plate. And complete the place setting with a shiny damask napkin.
Pretty Christmas Place Setting
If you’re a person that loves “pretty” and feminine, then this is the perfect Christmas place setting for you.
The salad plate has a soft green design around the outside, which nicely compliments the scalloped edge of the dinner plate.
Then to complete the look, a napkin with an embroidered design and pretty edge detail.
A soft, lovely Christmas place setting!
Which Christmas place setting is your favorite? Which one are you gonna use this year?
I hope one of these four Christmas place setting ideas spurred your creative juices and gave you the needed inspiration for your holiday table.
*If you’re looking for MORE INSPIRATION ~ you need to check out posts from my friends. I highly encourage you to visit each of the ladies linked below!
- 15 Minute Baked Brie ~ from A Loverly Life
- Mini Red Solo Cup Lights ~ from Chas Crazy Creations
- DIY Ornament Arch Tutorial ~ from Design of Your Life
- DIY Oven Mitts with Sublimation ~ from Happily Ever After Etc
- Simple Tips to Decorate a Mantle ~ from Shop at Blu
- How to Paint a Christmas Star ~ from Fifth Sparrow No More
- Holiday Organizing Made Simple ~ from Living Large in a Small House
- Poinsettia Decorating Ideas ~ From Farmhouse to Florida
- Ornaments for a Kitchen Christmas Tree ~ from Perfecting Places
- DIY Simmer Pot Gift ~ from Our Tiny Nest
- Winter Tree Decorating ~ from Sweet Valley Acres
- Simple Dried Orange Slice Ornaments ~ from Pure Happy Home
- Pampas Grass Christmas Tree ~ from This Dear Casa
Other similar posts:
- How to Clean & Polish Brass
- 7 Tricks to Make Cut Flowers Last Longer
- 9 Outdoor Entertaining Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Mix Colors & Patterns on a Table
- 6 Simple Steps to Transform a Table Setting from Casual to Elegant
- How to Create a Centerpiece in 3 Simple Steps
- Top 5 Reasons People Stress About Entertaining
- List of 13 Must-Have Table Setting Pieces
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Use Cloth Napkins Everyday